East Lothian Council, in association with the county’s 6 Area Partnerships, is running a series of consultation and action planning events as part of its wider ‘East Lothian on the Move’ active and sustainable transport initiative.
East Lothian Council is currently developing a Local Transport Strategy which will outline how the county’s travel network will develop over the coming years. An important part of this will be how to improve active and sustainable travel throughout East Lothian and we are keen to engage with communities across the county to learn more about how best to achieve this.
To do this we have appointed Peter Brett Associates LLP to engage with a wide variety of local residents, businesses and organisations to find out their views on current travel choices and the changes they would like to see in their communities.
We are starting the process of with a series of 6 community events across the county one for each of the ward areas. In each town there will be a drop-in consultation running throughout the afternoon, followed by a presentation and workshop from 6:30pm.
- 27th August – 3-8pm – North Berwick Community Centre
- 1st Sept – 3-8pm – Fraser Centre, Tranent
- 2nd Sept – 3-8pm – Bleachingfield Centre, Dunbar
- 3rd Sept – 3-8pm – St Andrews High Church, Musselburgh
- 7th Sept – 3-8pm – John Gray Centre, Haddington
- 10th Sept – 3-8pm – Port Seton Centre